Monday, May 10, 2010

Diva Gone

Diva Gone

On May 9, 2010 we lost a true Diva Mrs. Lena Horne. Mrs. Horne was born June 30, 1917 in Brooklyn, New York. Mrs. Horne paved the way and set the standards for future divas, and people of color in the entertainment business. Ms. Horne had to face much discrimination because of her skin color, not her talent which was superb, but her skin color. Young divas visit the biography on Mrs. Horne and ask yourself am I carrying myself like a diva? In order to understand where you are at right now you need to know where you’ve been. This means that you must acquaint yourself with your past, and that is those who have paved the way for you. I won’t judge and neither should you, but I will hold a diva to high standards. Just because a sister calls herself a diva doesn’t mean she is one. Pay homage to the past divas, for they are your future. Mrs. Lena Horne I thank you for paving the way for me to just be a proud black woman. Mrs. Diva we salute you. Rest in peace Mrs. Horne.

4 comments:

  1. Ma! This is sooo good! Lena Horne would really smile upon you for saying such nice and uplifting words about her. I'm thankful to have someone so intellectual as my mother. Keep up the good work!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful like the person u r. U give recognition to people that the younger generation has forgotten or never knew. U keep up the great work. Love you always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore lena horne, one of my favorite songs by her is "My heart belongs to daddy."

    Not only was she an amazing entertainer who open up doors for black entertainers coming up behind her, but she was a fighter. She fought for black equality, beauty, and respect.

    Her legacy will not be forgotten and I know she will be proud to have such a beautiful and intellegent sistah acknowledge her work and contributions in our history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fitting tribute for a phenomenal talent the world lost a great one. Good writing sis

    ReplyDelete